If you are interested in internships and job openings or you want to post job openings at your company, please use our Slack channel.
WiCyS Free Online Learning Resources
Non-WiCyS Training Resources
The following resources were suggested by some of our members and while we’re not affiliated with any of these sites directly, we want to help our members find access to free or low cost, high quality training resources.
- https://www.cybrary.it/ – Free cyber training — need paid subscription for some courses
- https://www.pluralsight.com/ – Free-month trial
- https://www.freecodecamp.org/ – Free coding training – they also have a blog site and youtube channel with tons of tutorials
- https://womenscyberjutsu.org/page/TRAIN – Women’s cyberjiujitsu training
- https://www.wisporg.com/tandems – WISP peer mentoring program
- https://www.linkedin.com/learning – Free-month trial
- https://engineering.nyu.edu/academics/programs/cybersecurity-ms-online – NYU M.Sc. in Cybersecurity (Online Program)
Cyber Competitions / Practice CTFs
There are several practice sites and capture-the-flag challenges to practice your hacking skills and/or learn how to break security.
- PicoCTF (usually once a year, but event is left online for practice — difficulty progression)
- OverTheWire Wargames (gamefied challenges)
- CTFlearn (a CTF-based learning platform with user-contributed challenges)
- CodeWars (gamefied challenges and lots of languages to choose from)
- Hack the Box (pen-testing labs)
- PortSwigger’s Web Security Academy (free, online web security training from the creators of Burp Suite)
- Google XSS Game (XSS for beginners)
- Google Gruyere (Vulnerable WebApp)
- OWASP WebGoat (Vulnerable WebApp — downloadable)
- CTFTime.org: includes a list of upcoming security competitions — and writeups from past competitions